Social Media Manager
Closing date: Mon 31 Jan 2022
About usWe've been home to the 24/7 celebration of African and African-Caribbean culture, music, people and passion for nearly 20 years.
We broadcast across DAB radio and live from our dedicated website every day.
You'll also find us right in the middle of some of the community's biggest events.
As we move into a new phase, we’re looking for creative people and ways to tell bold and brave stories.
You’ll be a creative and ambitious strategist who lives and breathes the culture with:
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience in social media strategy, including for Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube
- Intermediate/Advanced knowledge of graphic products, including Photoshop and Canva
- Critical understanding of data analysis
- A passion for African/diaspora music, history and popular and sub cultures
- Excellent understanding of SEO fundamentals
- An excellent eye for design and detail.
We’re looking for someone to join our team for an initial 12 months who can:
- develop and execute a social strategy to drive awareness and engagement
- collaborate with our talent and media partners
- develop new ideas and narratives as part of our communications mix
- build and schedule posts and stories
- analyse data to improve performance.
You’ll be able to make a significant contribution to our key channels where you will:
- create a social media strategy
- write posts to brand and style guidelines
- edit and proofread content
- research people, topics and tags
- publish posts across social channels
- collaborate with Colourful’s talent to schedule posts
- react on brand and message to changing events.
You can work remotely but there might be occasions when you would need to attend studio sessions.
What's on offer
This an opportunity to:
- grow your career in social media strategy and management
- build and measure your impact within a commercial brand
- be a part of a fun and visionary team
- contribute to Colourful's 20th birthday celebrations!
If this all sounds like you, please message email@example.com with:
- a resume detailing your experience
- examples of your work or a link to your portfolio